If you need a calming measure for the traffic in busy roads, parking lots, city centres or schools, The Ramp People’s speed bumps and speed cushions range covers all eventualities. From a temporary and portable solution have a look at the portable speed bumps here.
With fast installation, which can be done in under 30 minutes and will decrease your installation costs, adding speed bumps to your road will result in a significantly reduced speed limit.
When it comes to the question whether you should install speed bumps or speed cushions, speed cushions have one major advantage towards the speed bumps, as they allow emergency vehicles to pass the relatively small width of only 1800mm without any disruption. Also speed cushions are available in a bright red for a higher visibility.
Sleeping policemen, another name for speed cushions, are also use at Heathrow airport.
They are made of recycled tyres, are therefore flexible and tough, also lighter and easier to work with as tarmac or other carriageway surfacing.
The single parts can be installed and removed easily without further damaging which has proven to be quite convenient for temporary measures, such as testing the traffic in an area. It also makes it quite easy to remove them in the winter, to make space for snowplough machineries, quite advantageous compared to concrete/tarmac which can be damaged due to cold winters and need to be replaced at a higher cost.
Benefits for Speed cushion:
- Embedded reflectors increase visibility and safety, day or night.
- Narrow enough for emergency vehicles to straddle without slowing down.
- All-weather easy maintenance: will not warp, chip, crack, crumble or corrode.
- Extremely durable: tough enough for heavy traffic.
- Flexible: conforms to road curvature and any asphalt or concrete surface.
- Resistant to extreme temperature variations, UV light, oils, moisture and damage.